Faculty advising webinar
Greetings, colleagues. . .
On Thursday, 24 April 2014 at 11 a.m. PDT, I’ll be moderating an official NACADA webinar titled “Balancing Faculty Advising with Other Faculty Responsibilities.” The webinar will be a panel discussion focusing on:
- How academic advising factors into reappointment / tenure / promotion decisions
- Synergies between advising and teaching / research / service
- NACADA resources that capitalize on those synergies
- Best practices for maintaining balance between advising responsibilities and the other demands of faculty positions
The panel will include diverse faculty from a variety of institutions and disciplines, including:
- Allison Hoffman, Northwest Missouri State University
- David Boose, Gonzaga University
- Jeanne Westgard, Salt Lake Community College
- Nancy Dreschel, Pennsylvania State University
More information about the panelists, the webinar and the registration process is available here. I encourage you to assemble a group of colleagues, participate in the webinar and perhaps conduct a local follow-up discussion using the questions we’ll provide (or others). If you have questions that are not answered by the linked material, don’t hesitate to contact me in any of the usual ways. I hope to see many of you there!